The mission of the Ivano-Frankivsk National Technical University of Oil and Gas includes the following:
Efficient activity within national and international educational and research area in order to meet the educational needs of an individual, society and state and to ensure sustainable development of oil and gas complex and the economy of Ukraine in general.
The fulfillment of the University mission should be based on abidance of the core principles, which are the following:
- continuity of education, its systemic and systematic character;
- innovation of the education content;
- unity of fundamentality and occupational content in education;
- corporatism, partnership of all the members of the academic activity at the University;
- flexibility of the academic activity;
- availability of the peer effect;
- activity-based principle of study.