The Department provides the educational programs for bachelors, specialists and masters in all technical, economic and humanitarian areas of the university. Students gain deep knowledge in the field of labor protection, fire safety, workplace sanitation and labor health , life safety in production and living conditions and in emergencies, production management, law, studying environmental problems of industrial production.
Academic researches are carried out in the following areas:
- Development and implementation of scientific and technical environmental activities, and means during the construction and operation of oil fields.
- Development of scientific bases and implementation of established methods and means in practical operation of gas transmission systems at a late stage of operation for improving the efficiency of pipelines and equipment.
- Development of scientific and technical solutions to improve environmental safety within the territory of the environmental impact of mining and chemical companies.
- Improvement of technological oil and gas pipeline designing on the basis of their interaction with the environment.
- Development of methodological bases of disposal process in highly mineralized Precarpathian brine potassium fields in hydrocarbon reservoir which is depleted in development.